"uproot your loves, one by one, with care, from the future"
Sometimes I think I write things in stone when they haven't happened yet. So, we're trying a new tactic. But I don't know what it looks like yet.
Nia so kindly reminded me tonight not to be afraid of things that are hard. (Like uprooting your loves one by one with care from the future).
She said "Remember that thing about conflict, how we're supposed to be brave and fight it to get that "something" in the story.
I looked up at her from the floor and said weakly "But I don't know what's going to happen. What if it's bad?"
She said, "Well, what do you want?"
And I said, "I don't know...maybe some nice space where I can sit."
And she said "hm."
And then. (I know you're sitting at the edge of your seat right now...) I sat up and said
"No! This is the inciting incident!"
The something that thrusts the character from comfort and stability into the unknown uncomfortable unstable change.
So, it wasn't comforting, but at least we can label this stuff?
Thanks Don Mill?
"In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps"
"Many are the plans in man's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails"
No comments:
Post a Comment