4.6.10

The Cure for Pain and a little nugget learned by don chaff from a heat pump..

I can't stop loving this song, every word of it:

I'm not sure why it always goes down hill
broken cisterns never could stay filled
I've spent ten years singing gravity away
but the water keeps on falling from the sky

Here tonight, all the stars are blacking out
with every hope in dream I've ever had indowed
I've spent ten years trying to sing these doubts away
but the water keeps on falling from my eyes

And heaven knows
heaven knows
I try to find a cure for the pain
Oh my Lord, to suffer like you do
it would be a lie to run away

So blood is fire pulsing through our veins
We're either writers or fools behind the reigns
I've spent ten years trying to sing it all away
But the water keeps on falling from my tries

And heaven knows
heaven knows
I try to find a cure for the pain
Oh my Lord, to suffer like you do
it would be a lie to run away

a lie to run, it would be a lie
a lie to run away

and it keeps on falling
water keeps on falling from my eyes

and heaven knows
heaven knows
I try to find a cure for the pain
Oh my Lord, to suffer like you do
it would be a lie to run away.


"Compliments of inertia, friction, and black holes, everything loses energy. [Author’s confessional note: Truth be told, while I’m confident that inertia and friction play a big role in inefficiency, I’m not so sure about black holes. However, I wanted to throw a little something Einsteinian in there. I’ve got a feeling about that guy. He seems like he ought to be part of this conversation somewhere. Plus, he’s got cool hair.] And because everything loses energy, we all cast about, trying to figure out how to compensate for what’s missing. It’s the way of the earth"
-from Don Chaffer found in this very good blogpost

No comments:

Post a Comment