Welp. Here goes.
1. My story.
I'm graduating college in a year and a half. Next summer I'm doing a scouting trip down central america and maybe even a good bit of the top of South America. I will find the place where there are lots of people on the streets with no place to call home. These people are not necessarily people who are houseless, but those who don't have a place...or don't necessarily have a place where they belong. (Mostly those kids and teenagers who are parentless, because their parents had to leave for the states to make money to send back to their kids who oddly enough end up on the street without a purpose at all).
I will start a small coffee shop/bakery with some friends. I'm going to buy a building in the middle of it. I'm going to bring a couple of my beautiful friends from Atlanta with me. We will bring chairs and tables and mismatched kitchenware and coloring books and old guitars and frames for future pieces of art made by the people who come to this place.
Initially, it will be a place where people can buy bread and coffee. Eventually, it will be a place where people feel comfortable and can laugh and smile and sing songs and color and really feel like themselves. I want to live with these people. I want to speak their language and smile with them and play music with them and drink coffee with them and give them a place to be. I want to cook dinner with them and have wine with them and just be with them mostly. Everyone in the town will come and dance and play. That's my lifestory.
Um. For the #2 part of this...I feel like the seminar will help me get on track a bit. I want this so badly, I've wanted this for a very long time and it hasn't really wavered much. The only thing is I feel like I'm fizzling. I don't know how to get to this place I want to be. I'm going to graduate one day (be it 6 years later...) and I want to go. I want this to happen and sometimes, I feel silly telling people my dream because I'm afraid it sounds impossible.
3. This.
4.
Living a Better Story Seminar from All Things Converge Podcast on Vimeo.
Oh. And my real email address, in case i mislead you
laurenaebeth@gmail.com
thanks :)
No comments:
Post a Comment