Yesterday was an excellent day.
This week has been an excellent week.
And I use exellent in the truest sense of its form here.
I have some really incredible friends.
Really. freaking. incredible.
And somehow, in some way, I've been really honest with others.
And Laura Bowers told me this,
"Would you rather be stiff, endowed with an impenatrable guardianship over your heart, never letting anyone in, or have your heart explode because you've let them all in, let them see your soul, and probably have it smashed into a zillion pieces only to have God restore and hold your heart again and again."
Or something like that. But mostly. It's part of my New Year Resolution. Letting people in. It is what we're called to do. And they will smash your heart. And God will love you back into being again.
Thank you Jesus for people who are bigger than me.
Thank you for Stephanie Lindgren
and Sarah Watson
and Jason Tatum
and Laura Bowers
and Nia Baker
and JoAnna Collins
and Ogden Tabb
and the Francisco boys who love to play
and Corrie Madlem
and Sizzle Szicalkfmy...
and Lauren Birkett
and Carolyn Stuart
and even Luke Batchelor
and all of the others I am surrounded by.
I want them so very much. I want to let these people in. Love them without expectations. Everything is going to be okay. Never stop, never stop, never stop, you gotta be brave.
No comments:
Post a Comment