13.1.12

learning to ask for help.

I think God always wanted us to ask for help.

I keep having this conviction, we'll call it the Holy Spirit, saying that the Church is everywhere. Not just in a book.

So. I've started to trust. Jesus, your Holy Spirit DWELLS in the people around me. in my FAMILY of believers. In my roommates, and in my Church friends, and young life friends. They are believers, YOU are in them.

And we need each other.

I've stated asking questions.

"Why are you loving college volleyball players?"

"Why do you think Young Life is important?"

"Why are you nervous about leading freshmen girls?"

And nothing has come back in vain. It's beautiful. It's amazing how God is in these people, and in the midst of us if we look for it, it's there. Bah.

And I've sent out some emails. I've made some phone calls. I started showing up at church more.
Kris and I have an email thread right now about reading and the Bible. We're gonna meet next week to talk more.

Rick and I have an email thread and a meeting on monday talking about what it means to be a leader. And finally, finally, finally, someone has answered the one question that gets me the most, as a leader of volunteer leaders that sometimes need to know that they are loved by God (and me too sometimes, but right now, especially them).

And sometimes I get scared when I don't feel as much as i should. but we WASH THEIR FEET BECAUSE JESUS LOVES THEM.

these are thoughts i have. also. i don't blog anymore because i talk about things with everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment