28.8.09

your name?

"Things are easier when we are introduced"
....says the French lady Garance Dore.
She walks/bikes around Europe taking pictures of pretty things. Partiularly fashion.

Yesterday, Emily Desprez and I went to three little shops in Candler Park and met three awfully interest-arresting people.

A. The man at Dr. Bombday's Underwater Teaparty. He's from England and he's lived in Atlanta for twenty years now I think. He said where he was from, but there's no way I could even try to repeat it...yet. The place is incredible though and fully inviting and questionable all at the same time (and there currently is perhaps a small case of swine flu on the door handle haha). I can't wait to find out if all of those books lining the wall are his. Or if he bakes those gourmet cupcakes. And what day he bakes the reeses cupcakes. And if he is a believer in fair trade coffee. Or why he lives in Atlanta. And what kind of music he listens to. I just need to figure out his name first.

B. The lady that wants to save Granmaw. She works (maybe owns?) Don Van Gogh, a store that seems presently as a knock-off hippie store, but this woman, she is legit. I'm going to go back and find out how I too, can save Granmaw and her darling woodland creatures that live nestled high in her pecan leaves and branches. And I want to buy a sticker for my scooter. And some dolphin tatoos. I only had 50 cents with me then. Not enough for a tatoo since "the gov" demands that extra 3.5 cents.

C. Full Moon Records. The nameless man is from Massachusetts and he's got a serious haircut. He lives in his record store which has been there for eighteen years. He's says that's the only way he's been able to keep it open. He's got a crazy $1 upstairs vinyl collection and a really stacked cassette section. I found a dollar in my bag and bought the Audrey Hepburn/Rex Harrison My Fair Lady soundtrack for a dollar. It's pink, and I love it. I'm going to figure out his name as well. And I think Mondo would love this place, a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment