21.9.09

Blues Man and My Girl

Mondo and I met this guy at Piedmont last June I guess. We were sitting on this hill and he walked up to us and played Brown Eyed Girl, or something like that.

Two or three nights ago I was sitting on the patio wall at Octane on the phone. It was slightly drizzling (and has not stopped) and this couple walked outside.
Trying to pay attention to my own conversation, I somewhat overheard their awkwardly uncomfortable tift. Slowly their tones became really stern and they started throwing the F-bomb viciously at each other.
And out of no where, at ten thirty at night in the rain, who else but the Blues Man rounds the corner with his guitar.
He walks to the edge of the patio and begins it this way,
"I've got sunshine on a cloudy day
When it's cold outside, I've got the month of May."

I laughed, a lot. The angry couple walked away, fighting.
And he finished his song.

No comments:

Post a Comment