11.9.09

Tatum


"When I went to bed last night, I was tired, but I was not drained. It is amazing how you can spend every moment with people for days and days and you wish that you could wake up and do it all again. I guess that is one of the reasons I want to get this sorry butt of mine to England." -TDU

This has nothing to do with anything, but I really want to be like this person.

He's my yoga theory in action, really.

Here's some expasion.
Yoga is really hard. Especially if you're not good at it, not used to balancing in poses you never even considered possible.
This past Tuesday night, Meaghan Mc and I and the Yogi were posing and saluting the sun in Piedmont and I don't what got into Mrs. Yogi, but she was feeling a little risky. I have never seen someone completely entwine their legs around themselves to the point where they are the tangled ball you'd buy from Zany Brainy (or what have you..) and push up on one hand lifting their entire body off the ground.
I couldn't do it.
But. I did do the dancer...on the second try.
And as I did it, I believe I discovered some simple but incredibly deep secret of yoga, and perhaps life.
I just did it. I decided I would stretch my leg, I would hold my foot, I would push until my "perpendicular lines of energy" balanced out and I would not fall on to the grass ( which, according to yogi, would be "beautiful").
It hurt, and I did fall, but I did it.

So, let's do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment