11.11.09

I found the Wild Things


I really have wanted to put this into words. I know I quote Tatum a lot, but yes, he most certainly did feature his own thoughts and feelings over this movie on a Jason Tatum Daily Update.
And I think this is how I feel too. I'm still processing.

"Isn't it amazing that even in Max's greatest fantasy come to life, he still lacks the power to restore people's lost hearts? That's so hard. And so are the relationships of the monsters that carry on when he is gone. He changed their lives, no doubt, but he had to go home. The love that they had for him transcended his ability to make the world right. Even though he did not have all of the answers and the magic to heal everyone's hearts, they loved him so much that they could eat him up. Don't you know that in your life with the people around you? Don't you know that no matter how hard it is in staying and how sad it is in leaving, the love in your life is as large as those monsters themselves? How incredible is it that we have ability to go on loving when we are hurt or sad or far-off? These are the lessons that Max is learning in his own prodigal tale. He comes home and finds his meal is still hot. Everything is where it should be, but that doesn't make tomorrow any easier. Max has to go through the life-long process of growing up. He has to live out the relationships that he saw with the monsters. His return doesn't make tomorrow perfect. But that doesn't make it wrong, either. It makes it beautiful. "

No comments:

Post a Comment