8.2.11

your mouth is poison, your mouth is wine

I gave you my hand, my heart, perhaps most of my soul
and now, too, this ball and this court
while I stand on the opposite side
perplexed like a puppy with a tilted head

you spout off lies about men and reality
things that have weighed you down for thousands of years
but i know, i know these things to be untrue
you are so smittenly confused

you should have kissed me with confidence
free of guilt, free of secrecy
you should have placed your hands on my waist
not from need but because you'd thought me beautiful

I'd love you, if you were without secret
however horrid those dragons are
I'd take you back today, I'd lean into your grip
you'd so rightfully fought for
but you haven't
and you don't and you won't

And soon, soon I'm going to have to leave this place
with or without you.

No comments:

Post a Comment