20.3.11

the music of Mika

Today is a story I should remember for those times I attend story telling nights.
I was standing in my bathroom thinking about what a strange day I had, from the $50 handed to me in a white folded envelope with the scribbled words "The Lord says this is just enough for gas" to Tony fighting back the "junkies" approaching me from all sides like zombies at the gas station while Tony himself was waiting for his friend to bring his weed... to learning how to drive a train and reading about bulrushes.

And I was thinking. These things would make a good story, but how would I end it?
Probably by going into my room to fold some laundry while listening to Mika. But due to the nature of such a weird day, I was carried away by the music so much so that I forgot about the laundry and I just danced. I danced with every feeling and hope and dream and rhythm and allergy medicine I had inside of me and was introducing dance moves no one could even begin to fathom.
For some odd reason though, I was struck with this sudden uncomfortable feeling, and I instintively looked at the window across from my own. A window, that half the time if I was asked, I wouldn't be too sure it even existed. Sure enough though, the window across from my window decided today was the day to open their blinds.
A tall, slender dark silhouette stood like a statue.
I immediately froze and squinted my eyes to make sure I was seeing what I was seeing.
Sure enough, dark silhouette slowly raised his arms, hands rolled into fists and held them high above his head while I remained frozen, mouth probably open, breathing very slowly as if he would not have seen me this way.
Silhouette proceeded to shake his hips and twist around a few turns.
Yeah. He saw it.

1 comment:

  1. this is the best story i have heard in awhile :)

    ReplyDelete