
I think sometimes we walk into the dark and then forget how to get back home. We'll get back home, but we sure get a little lost.
Also. Roommate Kimmmiey leaves tomorrow for a very long time, and I think I'm handling it worse than she is, which is silly.
Also. I think I want to just be new. And some good things are happening, but I feel like I'm losing my home, or something. Losing the people I feel like I want my life to be spent with the most.
Something good:
Kimmmiey and I and Amanda went to a thousand hills today and read and drank coffee and played on this tree that fell into the river. And I knew I was going to like Amanda when she took off her shoes while we were walking in the grass.
Kimmmiey and I and Amanda went to a thousand hills today and read and drank coffee and played on this tree that fell into the river. And I knew I was going to like Amanda when she took off her shoes while we were walking in the grass.
We came back to schoolhouse because we saw the clouds coming in, and - as everyone should know - there's no better place to be for a summer storm than schoolhouse. We went and sat on the stoop and ended up playing in the rain. Amanda at some point said, "For the first time in a really long time, I don't feel like a grown up anymore. And I feel like I've got some friends."
And that was kind of cool.
We came inside and she taught me how to play a card game, and we all passed the rest of the afternoon with our books (and hot chocolate and I madechocolate chip walnut cookies that I am particularly proud of).
And all of these things are really nice, but I still feel a little lost. Like I'm not really home.
No comments:
Post a Comment