8.7.11
slow, slow... my swiftly beating heart
This will be in bullet point form of only bits and pieces, as time moves so steadily as of late.
I'm listening to Tyler Lyle's Pinewood Chest over and over again as I make my brother a mixtape as part of his birthday present.
Alex, our neighbor, unexpextedly just brought over a tub of funfetti cupcakes his girlfriend made him earlier today.
Kyle came over to hang out with Jenny. Turns out today's his birthday. Turns out we had some candles, and Alex's cupcakes. We had a mini party.
I got to meet a lot of lakeside girls tonight at Fellinis. And the Tucker guys were there. I really like those guys, and I'm pretty sure they were all a little high...a little.
Fellini's in Tucker has horchata frozen yogurt and yes...yes it is good.
Also - I had some confrontational with talk with my new roommate KR. I just told her how I was feeling. Then she fired back. Then we apologized to each other for our frustrations and moved on (perhaps i'm growing up...a little.)
I called Jenny and picked her up from Target. We went to Piedmont and watched the sunset. We had a really freeing conversation about music and God and freedom. I'm mulling it over. I will write about it. I'm so thankful for her brilliant thoughts.
Yesterday after work I immediately went to Nia's house. We had a two person accountability. And I just need to say, Nia is sent from God. She's so good. So good. We shared watermelon gazpacho, hummus and carrots, bread and artichokes, some lime water and a post flustering conversation glass of reisling.
After that I went to Trinity's prayer and worship night. Still smelly and unshowered. It was beautiful. It's so good to be quiet in the dark with the Lord. It's really good. God is so good. He's really good.
Then I got to shower. Showering is nice. Showering after not showering for three days, and sweating in the hot zooey sun for those days makes showering incredddibllee.
I picked up Sizzle that late evening and we met our English friends As and Rob at a bar. Shared some stories and said goodbye. I want to go to the place they're from sometime.
The night capped off with Sizzle telling me it was all going to be okay. I told her how I was feeling and she said "That's valid. That's how you feel, Lauren. Do that."
And that was nice too. I went home, journaled a bit, read Harry Potter and fell asleep on the couch with Harry Potter and Jenny.
Also. I slept for eleven hours last night.
Also. I have words to say about things. Like I'm finding my voice a little bit.
Restored, I think, is the word I'm looking for in this.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment