7.8.11

No. I don't love you. Really. Now stop being mad at me.

Stop doing whatever it is you're doing that's being so unfair. Like with the blueberries and the watercoloring and the pipe and all the poetry about the light that fills up the room. Blaaah. Boys are so dumb. If I don't love you, I just. don't love you. Don't do this.


Sad Poem #1

Yes.
There was a boy who stole my heart
He only sang his songs to the stars
and sailed away one day, with a piece of my heart tucked away in his breastpocket.

Yes.
It's true. It was that one.
The piece that warms when he walks into a room
The one that longs for his palm to press against mine
The one with the butterflies locked inside
it's thin aluminum lid held by some tattered piece of twine.

I am certain now, he has set it down
And I've made a few well worn paths around this well worn city
with these well worn shoes, to no avail.

I can only picture this missing piece sitting on some side of some hill in Cape Town
looking off into the sea
Or maybe somewhere in Central America, in a steamy little cafe.

I have not considered perhaps that it may be resting on a seat of a train in Paris
Across from an older man, frumpily reading his paper.

I tell myself not to worry. I'll find this little piece one day.
Or maybe it will find me.
I'll do just fine with watching the lovers love
and the sea, with its rising and falling.
I can be patient.

But until then, to all of you who are worthy of anyones love really,
I am sorry that I cannot love you.


Sad Poem #2

An apple a day keeps the doctor away.
Or was it the flu?
Maybe the old saying goes
twelve grapes a week keeps you your sleep.
Seven eggplants and your dreams will be sweet
without unwanted visitors or badlands.
Or
Wait.
One sad girlish movie
Seventeen scoops of ice cream
Some 754 miles between you
or an airplane that flies far far away
fixes all of those funny feelings in your heart.
If so, I'd take all of those things. even the flu.

No comments:

Post a Comment