You might have caught word
from some old lady
in some hulaballoo
about that day that I left you.
Well I've come back.
I feel funny standing in your crimson threshold.
I've done this a couple times,
in other's thresholds
but for some reason
I felt a little more afraid of you
and this.
This morning. I've come to say I'm sorry.
I'm sorry for doing what I did.
You never owed me anything
but I sure thought you could fill me up
Those days that were dark, remember those?
And I left as heavy, or heavier than before?
I blamed it on you.
I've come to say I was wrong.
And I don't, anymore, dislike you.
No. I do love you.
You were always beautiful.
You were always you.
And don't be afraid of me. I understand now.
I know we were made this way...halfway finished
that these feelings and these wonderings
often do go unanswered.
That no place or no thing is our satisfaction. No. That is God's work.
From here on out until forever,
hear me,
I will not take from you ever again.
No.
From here on out until forever
I will share with you.
And try this thing they call life.
No comments:
Post a Comment