Lord lead us to the road that takes us home.
I will today tell you -
rain - stop falling.
stop falling unless you've got something to call.
Because there are things to be done, work to be finished.
I cannot let this be.
Rain, there is no satisfaction in you today
Today we are grownups. Today we do homework and plan meetings.
I want, I want, but some one, some place
said the love I feel is not real, but only something far away.
No.
No. I can’t help but smile surrenderingly.
I know I love you.
I know I do.
I don't care that you think
I only want you to fix me.
No, that's not the case.
"Hope deferred makes a heart sick,"
that's all.
I'm not alone. I may be unlearned, but I am walking.
And you are walking.
Lord let me find the road that gives us all wings.
With or without him. You know what I'd prefer.
Colorado is always calling
these songs don't do anything but
draw the water from the well.
But the water never will run dry. I do believe in love. I believe it is love.
These pillows are familiar friends of fall
and I feel like perhaps I have not at all
moved from this made bed of loss and memories of you.
But for now I will copy down these ancient letters,
and go to breakfasts,
and attend meetings and parties
and wonder where you are
and smile and share with everyone but wish I was sharing with you, too.
Good Sir, would you weave the strongest baskets for the heaviest hearts.
We'll all be okay. We're gonna be okay.
No comments:
Post a Comment