19.9.11
tumblnation
something i love about tumblr is it's freedom for people to feel beautiful. Or sad. Or nostalgic or whatever you want.
i don't necesarily believe in indulgence of self but i love that we have the ability to think and feel outloud via pictures and quotes and songs and words where the whole world can see, or, on the other side, no one at all.
I love that we are taking steps. Taking steps through tumblr to milemark each place where we are (again, loosely. tumblr is only a white board hung on one wall of one room of the entire estate that is your being)
One example. My friend Christy blogged a smiling picture of herself the other day and the caption said "Look who went to the store without any makeup on today. This girl." And she was smiling and adorable and I'm so excited. I was just super proud of her. And I think it's really nice that she put it on tumblr. It doesn't really matter if anyone else cares or not because it's more of a step. It's saying: this is important to me, and I want to do this.
And maybe she will and maybe she won't but all the same, I love that stuff.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
are you on tumblr too?
ReplyDelete