Yesterday I was reading something that talked about the psychology behind dating/marriage relationships. I snapped quick and wrote back to him impetuously "You don't believe in true love, do you?"
And then someone said..."What is true love?"
Ugh.
I have come to this harsh reality that it is not really real.
I have been writing a thesis paper in my head on it over and over again.
But sometimes...we write thesis papers and don't necessarily believe what they say, we just want people to believe we believe them.
But I really am trying to understand this, to let this soak into my skin. I have to keep reminding myself to stop believing in silly things like this because they aren't real, but just made up stories.
This is what is true:
We were made by God.
We were made to procreate.
We were made to try to care about each other.
And, that's it. God hasn't made any special someone for us who try to be faithful. It isn't "God made us to be together." I'm sure your relationship might someday be something that glorifies him but for now....It's just whomever you may happen upon that looks good, and can put up with you.
So, gentlemen, or ladies. Take your pick. Be choosy, but not too choosy
and good luck.
No comments:
Post a Comment