But it hard to wrap the words around it.
Everywhere around me there are all of these people.
People who smile and people who cry.
And I love them, I think.
I love sharing mornings on uncomfortable couches with people I barely know.
I love going on walks
I love Atlanta in the Spring.
I love finding out Atlanta has a river.
I love going to late night shady pubs with Logan.
I love finding out people love the same music I do
because they feel it the same way or something....those words
Words they say how we feel.
And I want to say how I feel.
I want to speak the poetry in my head
But sometimes it doesn't come out like poetry
Just shanty sentences that make people prop their head to one side and say "huh"
I want to believe what I believe to be true about people
That they are things worth loving and that they can feel love even when they tilt their head and say "come again?"
That that's the better option. That love is the better option.
And I love my friends the most.
As of late, that is.
I have always loved them very much, but I guess
I never knew how much they loved me
until, with all that is in me, I have placed my heavy heart in their hands
and they hold it, gently and patiently
while I catch my breath and take a five minute break from life.
And I didn't know that friends came with that feature before.
Friends are wonderful.
No comments:
Post a Comment