14.5.11

fascinating. fascinating. fascinating.

The Hipster HUCKLEBERRY FINN

"A classroom-friendly version of Mark Twain's classic novel, with every occurrence of the N-word replaced by the word "hipster." Thanks to editor Richard Grayson, the adventures of Huckleberry Finn are now neither offensive nor uncool."


Here - just for the experience of it - i kind of do love this because it only further accentuates what Twain is saying all along, those silly white teachers just don't know...(also, this is one of my favorite dialogues between Huck and Jim as of right now, Jim has a most beautiful heart)


"But I tell you you don't get the point."


"Blame de point! I reck'n I knows what I knows. En mine



you, de REAL pint is down furder—it's down deeper. It



lays in de way Sollermun was raised. You take a man dat's



got on'y one or two chillen; is dat man gwyne to be waseful



o' chillen? No, he ain't; he can't 'ford it. HE know how to



value 'em. But you take a man dat's got 'bout five million



chillen runnin' roun' de house, en it's diffunt. HE as soon



chop a chile in two as a cat. Dey's plenty mo'. A chile er



two, mo' er less, warn't no consekens to Sollermun, dad



fatch him!"





I never see such a hipster. If he got a notion in his head



once, there warn't no getting it out again. He was the most



down on Solomon of any hipster I ever see. So I went to



talking about other kings, and let Solomon slide. I told



about Louis Sixteenth that got his head cut off in France



long time ago; and about his little boy the dolphin, that



would a been a king, but they took and shut him up in jail,



and some say he died there.



No comments:

Post a Comment