
Huge. Huge. Amazing.
Amazing.
But, almost not reallly because they are that good. We knew they were gonna win. Take it back two weeks ago when they scored that touchdown four minutes til game, and we were all in tears hugging and kissing each other. Jenna, a senior girl, came up and grabbed my face and said THANK YOU FOR PRAYING.
hilarious. God is good.
We get to live life with these friends of ours and it is the most wonderful wonderful thing.
Like Saturday night when Alexis and I went on a date for 6 hours and she spilled all of her doubt and disbelief and I got to just let her figure it out. So thankful for that.
And Friday night, at the Dome, when Katie and I decided to give our seats to more high school friends so they could sit up front. Standing in the aisle, trying to figure out what to do, I realize who I am standing next to. Of all people, Sydni and Laura. Whatttt. What are they doing there??
So of course. I sit with them. I got to sit with them until they realized being at a Tucker Football game wasn't edgy enough, that would be around half time.
But I felt like I was really getting to be with them. It was awesome.
At one point I stood up, because Tucker was doing awesome. And I saw down in front, Romello standing on a chair, exuberantly telling Kevin some story or something. (Also - Romello wouldn't let me sit next to his girlfriend in the third quarter, in the hopes that Kevin might be coming back to his seat soon. That boy loves young life, but most of all, he freaking adores Kevin.)
And I looked a little further back, and Katie was with Phavy and Lily and they were taking silly pictures, because that's what girls do at football games.
And I saw Kent, in his Arizona visor, easily spotted among Tucker kids, patting Christian on the back and pointing out to the field and my heart just filled up. Boy oh boyoh boy.
And we were all spread apart. All of us there, all of us being with our friends, all of us waiting for Tucker to kick some Lovejoy ass.
this is young life. this is young life.
No comments:
Post a Comment