A couple of things.
"Alright class, we're going to write poems today." - myself
-"you would." - Amanda (Mrs. Amanda, really)
"There's grammar in that! ...Somewhere?"
I have some moral dilemmas with becoming an English teacher. I hate teaching the technical details of grammar. But here - there has been this breakthrough. Oh hey, Chomsky, UG, and Critical Period Hypothesis. The only way students get grammar after turning 13 is through, of course, practice. Mix it into the batch like spinach with a smoothie. Shibam.
2. Helplessness Blues.
I don't know when, but he talks about an orchard, and how he'd like to grow a lot off it. And how she will work at a restaurant until she owns it.
We are the Generation, I think, the one to whom all things were given. We didn't have to make anything of ourselves and now we're about to be birthed. "I carry the team on my back" It's our turn. And it's absolutely terrifying. Knowing things isn't enough anymore, we have to be good at doing something.
Young Life. Young Life, Young Life Young Life Young Life. You're a blessing and a curse. God, you are so good. You're ridiculous. You're the mustard. We're the....the elves and babies. Thank you for all of the times we've had this year.
Lastly,
It's only a change of time, love.
I don't ever want to graduate.
No comments:
Post a Comment