Yesterday my teacher walked with me all the way to the corner of J.W. Dobbs and Peachtree, and as I was turning (and quite glad to get away from the awkwardness I'd say) to go to my car...she took my arm and said over the blustering gales of wind that were knocking all things around us every direction but upright - she said something referencing what I had expressed to her earlier concerning "who am I to be ______?"
and she said this - "We're all inexperienced. I don't know what I'm doing either a lot of times, and I wait for that moment when it suddenly makes sense. We're all in the dark for a while, but something somewhere clicks and we've earned the right to be a teacher. It's scary, being in the dark, but i'd bet all my chips that the end will prove itself worth it. "
It's like Dr. Nelson said last semester, "Trust the process."
I guess we don't know what will be born, but....we can trust that something will be born, despite us knowing what it is or how it fits into life.
And. I'm just thinking still.
Here's the biggest thing I feel right now.
It's not what we know. It has never been about what we know. It's about what we do with what we know.
I think that'd solve the problem of the American Dream and the bad places that's taken us, like full time eight hour jobs at Walmart only to live for the ideal retirement we'll never get. And who would care anyways when they got there. They aren't really alive anymore because they've forgotten how to live. These are only assumptions I am making, as I have not experienced it for myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment