12.12.11

A Wrinkle in Time

I should mention I'm reading this book as well.




This morning I did that whole - wake-up-early-but-don't-get-out-of-bed-until-you-can't-stop-dozing-off-so-you-get-up-and-make-coffee-and-go-lie-back-down-again thing, until, well, i might return back to bed. I'm praciticing this "not doing anything" no-agenda thing. Trying it out.

Anyways. I texted my friend Kincey about the old ladies.

Me:"Hey. A Wrinkle in Time. Are the old ladies angels?"

K: "Yeah...sort of."

K: "What does it mean to take heart? Like in the Bible, Psalm 27 to be exact."


Sometimes I swear soul mates exist in this world. I'm not saying anything too soon or anything. I just know that I really love this girl. we've been going to parties together, hanging out with young life leaders together, doing boy talk, Bible talk, clothes talk. sometimes she'll come over and watch me and sarah make smores because she doesnt like chocolate, so she doesn't help. But I can ask questions, like "Why does the Bible suck so much on its character development? And she'll say...well this....
and then she'll tell me that i'm selfish about something, but it's healthy.
And sometimes we'll all be sitting at Brickstore and Kent won't shutup about sports. And we look at each and I go, "are these jeans new?" And she says, "yeah, totally. No pockets. I think they're jeggings" And it's just...nice.

It's like we're on the same page with language, and that's just nice. it's really nice. I'm thankful to call her a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment